20 Nov MACHALILLA NATIONAL PARK
Posted at 15:06h in Place of Interest 0 Comments
The Machalilla National Park is part of the National System of Protected Areas of Ecuador, located on the southern coast of the province of Manabí.
Machalilla National Parkis important among other things by:
- Only marine protected area in continental Ecuador.
- Unique coral reefs on the coast of Ecuador.
- Southern limit of reefs in the Eastern Pacific and distribution limit of many other tropical marine species.
- Greater biodiversity throughout the continental coast.
- Important areas of outcrop.
- Located on the transit routes of migratory species.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.